Manchester Student Resources
We welcome you to the UNH Graduate School's Manchester office, located in the historic Millyard. Our office serves as the liaison between the graduate students in Manchester and the Graduate School on the Durham campus.
Information for New and Returning Students
Here you will find information about the Manchester campus including Tuition and Fees, Parking, Security Services, Library, and ID information. Use the online UNH Manchester course schedule for help in planning your schedule. For more information about the Manchester Campus be sure to visit the UNH Manchester website.
Please be aware of deadlines for course registration and filing your intent to graduate form (when you are nearing the completion of your degree program). Students should register for all of their semester courses at the beginning of the semester, regardless of when the course begins. Changes made after the deadline will incur a $25 late fee. For registration and other deadlines visit the Graduate School's Academic Calendar. Please contact our office with any questions.
Continuous Registration Policy
Unless a leave of absence is granted, graduate students are required to follow Graduate School continuous enrollment registration policy each semester of the academic year until their degree is formally awarded by registering for course credits, research or continuing enrollment. Master’s students must enroll in course credits, Continuing Research (GRAD 900), or Continuing Enrollment (GRAD 800). EDS students must enroll for course credits or Continuing Enrollment (GRAD 800).
The Granite YMCA - Membership Discount for Graduate Students
The Granite YMCA is now offering a Wildcat Wellness option for Manchester students in graduate degree programs. The cost is $135 per semester (this is a 40% discount)! Membership at The Granite YMCA is more than just extracurricular activities. Discover the unique community in your combined campus and all that the Y and UNH has to offer. We deliver comprehensive healthy living, learning, and fun experiences for members of all ages. Stop by the Graduate School’s office at the Manchester Campus, First Floor, P123 for a membership application and to for your enrollment verification letter.
Attending the new student orientation is a great way to see the campus, meet the Manchester Office staff, and receive vital information about Graduate School policy and procedures. Please make it a priority to attend and learn more about your program. Orientations are held at 88 Commercial Street in Manchester; to RSVP to one of our orientations, email: email@example.com. Upcoming orientations include:
- General New Student Orientation: All new Summer and Fall students are welcome to attend! Plan to arrive at 5:00 pm and visit the Registration Office to register for classes, the Business Office to pay your bill, and/or visit the Security Desk on the second floor to have your student ID photo taken (if you are registered and have paid your bill). Parking permits will be available after August 13 for students taking classes at Manchester that are financially cleared.
- Location: 88 Commercial Street, First Floor, Room 102
- Date: Monday, August 6
- Time: The formal session will begin promptly at 5:30, but please arrive at 5:00 PM to get your student ID and take care of any registration and billing issues. Refreshments will be served. Program specific breakout sessions will occur after the group orientation if available; check with your graduate program coordinator for additional information.
- To Register: Orientation Registration
- For more information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-641-4313.
- International Student Orientation: Please note we will cover all of the information that will be in the August 6 - “General New Student Orientation”
- To Register: Orientation Registration
- Day 1: Welcome Orientation and Advising in Manchester
- Location: 88 Commercial Street, UNH Manchester
- Date: Wednesday, August 22
- Time: 9:30AM - 3:00PM
- Day 2: Orientation Continued
- Location: UNH Durham Campus - Transportation will be provided from UNH Manchester
- Date: Thursday, August 23
- Time: 7:15AM - 8:30PM
- Day 3: Orientation Continued - Wildcat Welcome Day!
- Location: UNH Manchester
- Date: Friday, August 24
Bills for tuition and fees are due upon receipt except where noted. Non-payment can result in late fees and may result in students being disenrolled from classes. For more information, visit the UNH Business Services website. Also, financial aid for graduate students is available through the Federal Government FAFSA website. UNH Manchester offers a monthly payment plan with Tuition Management Systems. Call an Education Payment Advisor at 800-722-4867.
UNH has a HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT as a condition of enrollment for all full-time (9 or more credits per traditional semester) graduate degree students. Students have the option of waiving the requirement by presenting proof of adequate insurance through another plan, but must complete the enrollment/waiver form online before the deadline. Full information including the enrollment/waiver form can be located at the Health Services Student Health Benefits Plan webpage. Please call 1-844-260-9900 with questions.
UNH offers students a variety of online services for paying bills, registering for courses, checking grades, accessing email and much more. Using the Single Sign-On process, students need just one username and password to access the UNH portal through their MyUNH account. Your MyUNH username was created for you when you first applied to UNH. For further information on acquiring your username and setting your password, please visit the MyUNH instructions webpage.
Parking permits are required in order to park at UNH Manchester. Be aware that cars without permits and cars illegally parked will be ticketed and/or towed by the City of Manchester. Parking permits must be renewed each semester: August or September for the fall semester, January for the spring semester, and May for the summer sessions. Once you have paid for your class please stop by the security desk on the second floor to pick up your permit. (Remember to bring your current car registration with you.)
Student ID cards are obtained at the security desk on the second floor. After registering for a class, bring your copy of the registration form to the security desk as proof of being a graduate student and have your picture taken. This ID gives you access to the UNH and UNH Manchester libraries, surrounding libraries, and discounts at local establishments.
UNH Manchester makes weather related and other closing decisions independent of the Durham campus. Please call the Storm Information Line at 641-4100 for the latest information. UNH Alert is an alert system that allows the University of New Hampshire to contact you during an emergency by sending text messages to your: E-mail (school, personal, other); Cell phone; Pager; BlackBerry/Treo. When an emergency occurs, authorized senders will instantly notify you using UNH Alert. UNH Alert is a free service; however your wireless carrier may charge you a fee to receive messages on your wireless device.
Thank you for choosing the UNH Graduate School for the completion of your graduate degree on the Manchester Campus. We are here to support your academic pursuits, and if you need any assistance please feel free to contact our office.