Public Health - Certificate (Manchester)
The Public Health Certificate Program provides a vehicle for individuals working in public or community health positions, with no formal academic background in public health, the opportunity to earn a graduate certificate in public health. To enter the Certificate Program, an applicant must have a baccalaureate degree. The Certificate Program is only offered at UNH Manchester campus through the Graduate School Manchester Campus. Classes are offered on weekday evenings.
Applying to graduate school has never been easier! To complete your application, you will need:
- $25 application fee (pay online)
- Prior college transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- Additional Department Requirements
Students claiming in-state residency must also submit a Proof of Residence form. This form is not required to complete your application, but you will need to submit it after you are offered admission or you will not be able to register for classes.
Deadlines: Applications must be completed by the following deadlines in order to be reviewed for admission:
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 1
- Special: N/A
New England Regional: No
Accelerated Masters Eligible: No
Supplemental Materials: The Details
If you attended UNH after September 1, 1991, and have indicated so on your online application, we will retrieve your transcript internally; this includes UNH-Durham, UNH-Manchester and UNH Non-Degree work. However, if you attended GSC, Keene or Plymouth, then you must request and submit original transcripts from those institutions.
If you did not attend UNH, or attended prior to September 1, 1991, then you must request one official transcript be sent directly to our office from the Registrar's Office of each college/university attended. International transcripts must be translated into English. We accept transcripts both electronically and in hard copy:
- Electronic Transcripts: Please have your institution send the transcript directly to email@example.com. Please note that we can only accept copies sent directly from the institution.
- Paper Transcripts: Please send hard copies of transcripts to: UNH Graduate School, Thompson Hall- 105 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824. You may request transcripts be sent to us directly from the institution or you may send them yourself as long as they remain sealed in the original university envelope.
Letters of Recommendation: 2 Required
After you have submitted your online application and are assigned an UNH ID, visit our online Letter of Recommendation Request Form for instructions and to request letters from your chosen referees. Recommendation letters submitted by relatives or friends, as well as letters older than one year, will not be accepted.
Personal Statement/Essay Questions:
Applicants are required to submit a narrative which addresses five questions. Please answer each question separately in 250 words or less: Download Special Essay Questions.
Once you have completed your statement, you can submit it:
- Electronically, as part of the online application process (strongly recommended)
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a hard copy directly to our office (address at bottom of page)
A current resume is required.
Additional Department Requirements:
In addition, interviews with the Public Health Certificate administrator are encouraged.
All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
Additional Details for International Applicants
This program is normally not available to international applicants who are currently living outside of the U.S.
Prospective international students are strongly encouraged to go through our international pre-application process and are required to submit TOEFL (or equivalent) examination scores. Please note that TOEFL scores may be waived if English is your first language. If you wish to request a waiver, then please visit our Test Scores webpage for more information.