Graduate School Virtual Learning

We are thrilled that you have chosen UNH for your Graduate Studies. See below for instructions on how to apply to any UNH Graduate Program. For the best user experience we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox web browsers. Internet Explorer is not supported. You can save your application and return to it at any time in the process.
Start Your Application

Step 1:
Apply online


Step 2:
Submit Documents

  • Submit Documents: Copies of transcripts from all previous post-secondary institutions should be uploaded through the application form. If your program requires the GRE/GMAT, please have scores sent to the UNH Graduate School by the testing service.
    check requirements on your program
  • Transcripts: Transcripts are required for all post-secondary institutions that you attended. If admitted to the program, you will need to request that official transcripts be sent directly to the UNH Graduate School via email ( or hardcopy (UNH Graduate School, Thompson Hall, 105 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824).
  • International Students: Official English language score reports (such as TOEFL) must be sent to the UNH Graduate School by the testing service. Internationals who graduated as an undergrad from UNH will have the TOEFL waived.

Step 3:
Monitor Your Application

  • Monitor Your Status: After you’ve submitted your application, you can monitor when we’ve received your transcripts, recommendation letters, test scores, etc., by logging into your application portal.
  • View your Decision and Respond to Offer of Admission: Once a decision has been made on your application you will be able to view it by logging into your application portal. Your decision letter will be available for print or download once it is viewed. Follow the instructions below:
    • Visit the Application Portal
    • Click the blue button, that says "View Your Decision"
    • If admitted you will see a green button in the lower right-hand corner titled "Reply To Offer" through which you will be able to accept or decline your offer.

Current & Returning Students

Secondary Certificate | Readmit | Change of Degree Instructions
Current & Returning Students


Accelerated Masters

Accelerated Master's Instructions
Accelerated Master's

International Student

International Student

International Student Instructions
International Students

Detailed instructions

  1. First-time users choose Sign Up. If you’ve already signed up, please log in.
  2. Complete the Application Form. Provide the appropriate information in each of the sections provided. Click “Continue” after completing each section.
    • You can confirm your progress via bullets on the left side of the application. The bullets turn green when the section is complete.
    • The application questions are generated based on the program and the information you provide.
  3. Transcripts: Transcripts from all previous post-secondary institutions must be submitted and applicants must disclose any previous academic or disciplinary sanctions that resulted in their temporary or permanent separation from a previous post-secondary institution. You will be asked to upload copies of your transcripts through the application form. If admitted, you will need to request official transcripts to be sent directly to the UNH Graduate School from the institution(s) you attended either via email ( or hardcopy (UNH Graduate School, Thompson Hall, 105 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824). If you are a current UNH undergraduate student or have previously attended UNH or Granite State College (GSC), you will not need to upload your transcript. We will retrieve your transcript for you.
  4. Letters of Recommendation: Provide your recommenders' names and email addresses in the application form. Once you submit your application, an email will be sent to them from the Graduate School with instructions and a link to a form they will need to complete. They may contact the at any point. Encourage your recommenders to send their letters before your program’s application deadline.
    • You can send reminders to your recommenders through your application portal.
    • You can change any of your recommenders by clicking the “Change Recommender” button in the application portal or by emailing the Graduate School.
  5. Upload all required documents to the application form
  6. Pay the application fee and submit your application: Once you have answered all required questions, provided your recommenders' contact information, and uploaded your documents, scroll to the bottom of the application. If you have a fee waiver code you can enter it there. When ready click on the "Review Your Application" button. This will take you to a screen that summarizes all of your information and will indicate if you missed any required information. If you used a fee waiver code, and the application is complete, you can then click on the "Submit Your Application" button. If you have to pay the fee then click on the "Save and Pay" button to pay the fee. After you pay the fee you will be returned to your application to finish the submission process. The final submission step will ask you to verify and electronically sign your name, agreeing to the terms of submission and the accuracy of the information. Once submitted, your application will be sent to the Graduate Admissions office for review and processing.
    • Some people are eligible for an application fee waiver (e.g., U.S. Veterans, McNair Scholars, former and current AmeriCorps members, etc.).
  7. After submitting your application. We’ll send you an email confirming we received your application and we’ll provide you with a nine-digit number that will become your UNH ID number (a 9-digit number beginning with a 9).

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have NOT submitted your application, you can change the program and/or term that you are applying for through your application. When you are in your current application, select the block on the left hand side. This will open up the application status list, and then select “UPDATE APPLICATION TYPE”, a box will appear confirming your request, select “CONFIRM” if you wish to continue, then you can select the new program and/or term you wish to apply for.

If you wish to change your program or term after you submitted your application email, with the new program or term that you would like.

You can log into your application dashboard to see your application decision, select “View Your Decision”. In the bottom right hand corner of that page you will see “Reply to Offer” this is where you can either accept or decline your offer.

If you wish to defer your offer of admission, email with the new term that you would like to defer your application to. Please be aware that your application will be reviewed by the department for a new decision, once a decision is made you will be notified by email.

If you have an application fee waiver code, you may enter the code in the application to waive the fee.

Application fee waivers are available for the following:

  • Members of the U.S. Armed Forces and U.S. Veterans (does not include family members)
  • McNair Scholars
  • Current UNH graduate students, starting another program
  • Applicants applying to the Accelerated Masters program
  • Undergraduates who participate in CFAR (Center for Academic Resources) and have been certified as eligible for a waiver based on their financial need status.
  • Applicants are also eligible for a fee waiver if you have served or are serving in the AmeriCorps, Peace Corps or City Year programs.

All other applicants must pay the application fee ($65 for Master's/E.D.S./Ph.D. programs; $25 for certificate programs) in order to have their application processed and reviewed.

New Hampshire residents wishing to claim in-state residency must submit a residency form with their application materials. Veterans currently residing in New Hampshire who wish to claim in-state residency must complete a residency form for Veterans and submit the form with their application materials.

Until in-state status is proven, applicants will be considered out-of-state residents. For more information see the graduate school residency policy. Note: If you live in New England you may be eligible for the New England Regional (NER) tuition discount program.