Student Resources

Whether you're a new UNH graduate student learning to navigate student life or a current student looking for information, resources specifically for graduate students can be found here, such as graduate school deadlines, how to enroll in courses, brushing up on policy and procedure and links to many of our other graduate student services.

We offer a variety of grad student orientations and welcome sessions that you're encouraged, and sometimes required, to attend. Review these campus-wide Student Services for information on obtaining your UNH ID, meal plans, student housing options, parking permits, paying bills, registering for classes and other tasks related to being a grad student at UNH.

Please visit the UNH Manchester Graduate Student Resources page for information on UNH Manchester-specific orientations and other graduate student resources.

  1. Contact your advisor, other appointed department representative or a graduate academic counselor to help you choose courses for the semester.
  2. Find Course Registration Numbers (CRN) for each class you plan to take. Note: All courses must be listed at the 800 level or above for graduate level credit.
  3. Access WebCat through myUNH.
  4. After you log in with your UNH credentials, click on Registration.
    1. Make sure 'Select Term' is set to the correct term.
    2. Select 'Add/Drop Classes' and enter the CRN's for the courses to complete registration.

For additional registration information, visit the Registrar's Office website.

Keep in Mind...

Here are the most important things to keep in mind when planning and registering for your courses:

  • All graduate students must be registered for coursework every semester until you complete your program of study. If you're not taking course credits or research credits, you may wish to request that your admission be deferred to a future term by contacting the Graduate School.Please review our policy on continuous registration if you have questions.
  • Graduate courses are numbered at the 800- or 900-level. Note: As a new graduate student, you are not eligible to enroll in GRAD 800. 
  • In certain circumstances, you may be able to get graduate credit for 700-level courses. Up to 12 graduate credits can be earned in 700-level courses provided such courses are outside the student's major program. A petition for exception to academic policy must be completed and approved prior to registration in order to receive graduate credit for a 700-level course. Undergraduate-level courses taken by graduate students are billed at the graduate rate. These 700-level courses must be taken for a letter grade to be considered for credit.
  • Graduate courses can't be taken pass/fail. A graduate student may petition to take undergraduate courses on a pass/fail basis. Such a petition must be approved by the end of the add period for the term in which the course is to be taken. A grade of "C" is the minimum grade to receive a "pass" for the course. However, 700-level courses taken as pass/fail will not be counted as graduate credit in the student’s academic record.
  • If you're unable to attend for a semester or more at UNH, you have a couple of options. See our non-registration policy for more details
  • If you're claiming in-state residency, you must have submitted your proof of residency paperwork and been approved prior to registering for classes. Students who have not submitted their residency paperwork will be billed at the out-of-state tuition rate for all classes in which they enroll.

It's recommended that all students be aware of important school-specific due dates. The UNH Graduate School Academic Calendar shows grad student registration deadlines, add/drop dates and refund periods.
Please, note that the UNH e-term calendar operates on a different schedule from the traditional semester model.


Administrative Offices and Information

  • business-services.jpg

    Business Services: Tuition & Fees

    Business Services: Tuition & Fees

    Tuition and fees are due by the published deadline and students are not considered registered until they have paid. Students will receive bills through their myUNH (Webcat) account. E-mails are sent to students’ UNH-assigned e-mail addresses when new bills are posted. Payment may be made online or mailed – check, credit card, cash or wire is accepted. Visit the Business Services website for the current tuition and fee rates.

  • rs57965_1jg9868-lpr.jpg

    UNH Graduate Assistantship

    Assistantship Policies

    General policy information and overviews of various graduate aid can be found in our online graduate catalog under the graduate appointments policy section. All new graduate assistants are required to attend the mandatory Graduate Assistant Orientation offered every Fall and Spring. Details on registration, payroll deductions, taxes, the proper conduct of research and more are covered at this orientation.

  • rs45709_unh_fall2014-108-lpr.jpg

    UNH Dining Services

    Dining and Meal Plans

    With all of the meal plan options available for busy graduate students, UNH Dining guarantees that you'll never go hungry! Choose from one of the Unlimited Access Meal Plans, which include the convenience of Dining Dollars and guest passes, or select one of the many Graduate Student Meal Plans to choose a set number of meals.

  • rs45845_unh_fall2014-3047-lpr.jpg

    Student doing laundry

    Graduate Housing

    UNH Housing provides two on-campus options for graduate students: Babcock Hall, a traditional residence hall for graduate or non-traditional students, and Forest Park, our family housing complex on campus for those who are arriving with families (married, civil unions, or those with dependent children). For more information, visit the Housing and Residential Life Website. The Memorial Union Building (MUB) also provides a searchable listing of off-campus housing for the local townships.

Recent Stories

Thompson Hall and fall trees seen from above

Communicating Scholarship

Communicating Scholarship

2020 Research Communications Academy is accepting applications...

Students loading buckets of dining hall waste to be composted

Innovating Campus Sustainability

Innovating Campus Sustainability

UNH creators of carbon, nitrogen tracking tool are Innovators of the Year...

Student in orange helmet perched on edge of rock, about to rappel down

For Teens, Outdoors Is Greater

For Teens, Outdoors Is Greater

UNH study finds adventure therapy cheaper than traditional therapy...