Graduate Aid Forms and Processes
Dissertation Year Fellowship (DYF)
The Graduate School is pleased to announce the opening of our annual competition for Dissertation Year Fellowships. Dissertation Year Fellowships for a maximum tenure of one academic year are available on a competitive basis to doctoral students who meet the criteria as outlined in the terms and awarding criteria. These awards include a stipend and a waiver of the doctoral research fee and mandatory fees for the period of the award. For a detailed overview of the process see our Dissertation Year Fellowship Presentation.
2018 - 2019 DYF Applications: CLOSED
- January 4, 2018: The application form, proposal, schedule, and CV are all due by midnight
- January 16, 2018: Two letters of recommendation are due by midnight
Application and Instructions
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Instructions
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Online Application Form
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Upload Application Documents
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Check Your Status
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Terms and Awarding Criteria
- Dissertation Year Fellowship MATH Sample
- Dissertation Year Fellowship MICRO Sample
Summer Teaching Assistant Fellowship (STAF)
The Graduate School is pleased to announce the opening of our annual competition for Summer Teaching Assistant Fellowships. These fellowships are intended to support research or study during the summer for individuals who have held a TA position during the current academic year, and have performed exceptionally well as a TA and as a student.
Summer 2018 - 2019 Application: CLOSED
- January 25, 2018: Application form, proposal, self-assessment, and CV are due by midnight
- February 2, 2018: Two letters of recommendation are due by midnight
Application and Instructions
- Summer TA Fellowship Application Instructions
- Summer TA Fellowship Online Application Form
- Summer TA Fellowship Upload Application Documents
- Summer TA Fellowship Check Your Status
- Summer TA Fellowship Self Assessment Example
- Summer TA Fellowship Evaluation Summary Example
- Summer TA Fellowship Terms and Awarding Criteria
Award Nomination Forms
2017 - 2018 Applications: CLOSED
All awards are now CLOSED for nominations.
- February 12, 2018: Initial nominations are due by midnight
The Graduate School holds competitions for annual awards that are designed to recognize distinguished faculty mentors, teaching assistants, and graduate students' creative contributions to research and scholarship within their fields of study. Such awards include:
The Graduate Faculty Mentor award is designed to honor a faculty member whose commitment to excellence in graduate student training has contributed significantly to graduate students’ professional development. Forms only accepted during application period.
- Graduate Faculty Mentor Award Nomination Form (CLOSED)
The Graduate Research/ Scholarship/Creativity (GRSC) award is designed to recognize graduate student research/scholarship and other creative works that represents the best overall contribution to the discipline. Forms only accepted during application period. When application dates open the form will be updated to the current academic semester/year.
- Research/Scholarship/Creativity Award Nomination Form (CLOSED)
Graduate Teaching Assistants contribute significantly to the teaching mission of the University. These awards are designed to recognize graduate students who have demonstrated excellence in teaching. Forms are only accepted during application period.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Award Nomination Form (CLOSED)