Dissertation Year Fellowship (DYF)
The Graduate School's annual competition for Dissertation Year Fellowships provide a maximum tenure of one academic year and are available on a competitive basis to doctoral students who meet the criteria as outlined in the terms and awarding criteria. These awards include a stipend and a waiver of the doctoral research fee and mandatory fees for the period of the award. For a detailed overview of the process see our Dissertation Year Fellowship Presentation.
2020 - 2021 DYF Applications: OPEN
January 2, 2020: The application form, proposal, schedule and CV are due by midnight.
January 14, 2020: Two letters of recommendation are due by midnight.
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Instructions
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Online Application Form
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Upload Application Documents
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Check Your Status
- Dissertation Year Fellowship Terms and Awarding Criteria
- Dissertation Year Fellowship MATH Sample
- Dissertation Year Fellowship MICRO Sample
Summer Teaching Assistant Fellowship (STAF)
The Graduate School's annual competition for Summer Teaching Assistant Fellowships support research or study during the summer for individuals who have held a TA position during the current academic year and who have performed exceptionally well as a TA and as a student.
Summer 2020 - 2021 Applications: OPEN
January 23, 2020: Application form, proposal, self-assessment, and CV are due by midnight.
January 31, 2020: Two letters of recommendation are due by midnight.
- Summer TA Fellowship Application Instructions
- Summer TA Fellowship Online Application Form
- Summer TA Fellowship Upload Application Documents
- Summer TA Fellowship Check Your Status
- Summer TA Fellowship Self Assessment Example
- Summer TA Fellowship Evaluation Summary Example
- Summer TA Fellowship Terms and Awarding Criteria
2019 - 2020 Applications: Currently Open
- November 12, 2019: Research/Scholarship/Creativity Award nominations are due by midnight.
- November 12, 2019: Graduate Teaching Award nominations are due by midnight.
- February 10, 2020: Graduate Faculty Mentor Award nominations are due by midnight.
The Graduate School holds competitions for annual awards that recognize distinguished faculty mentors, graduate student teaching and graduate student creative contributions to research and scholarship within their fields of study. These awards are described below.
Graduate Faculty Mentor Award
The Graduate Faculty Mentor award honors a faculty member whose commitment to excellence in graduate student training has contributed significantly to graduate students’ professional development. Forms are only accepted during application period.
Graduate Research/Scholarship/Creativity (GRSC) Award
The GRSC award recognizes graduate student research/scholarship and other creative works that represents the best overall contribution to the discipline. Forms are only accepted during application period. When the application period opens, the form will be updated to the current academic semester/year.
Graduate Teaching Award
Graduate Students contribute significantly to the teaching mission of the University. These awards recognize graduate students who have demonstrated excellence in teaching. Forms are only accepted during application period.