2020 Graduate Research Conference: April 20 & 21
UNH invites you to attend or participate in the 2020 Graduate Research Conference (GRC). The GRC is an annual showcase in which over 200 UNH graduate students from all academic disciplines present their work and research over the course of two days. Whether you're a participant or an attendee, the environment is electric and you'll almost certainly learn something new.
The GRC is open to any graduate student at UNH who would like to present research in either poster or oral form. To register for the conference, use our GRC registration form. Please note that up to four students may collaborate on a single poster or oral presentation. However, only one registration is required for the presentation and that the additional presenters need to be listed in the comments section of the registration form. The deadline for registering is March 1 2020, at midnight.
Schedules and Presentations
There are two types of presentations at the conference: oral presentations and poster presentations. Day one (April 20) is for poster presentations. On day two (April 21), participants will present their research in oral presentations. See the Time & Room Schedule (to be released after registration closes) for the Oral and Poster Session details, including times, dates and locations. The poster session kicks off the conference with opening remarks from Dean Cari Moorhead, followed by the keynote address from last year's Faculty Mentor award winner and the annual UNH Graduate School Awards presentation. If you have any questions about the presentations or registration, please contact the Graduate School Dean's office.
2020 Graduate & Professional Student Appreciation Week (GPSAW)
Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week (GPSAW) celebratory activities are held in conjunction with the GRC. The UNH Graduate School and the Graduate Student Senate have engaging, fun-filled events planned throughout the week. All events are free and open to the public and no registration is required to attend any of the events.
GRC Poster Presentation
- Location: Whittemore Center Arena (Rink Level)
- Date: April 20, 2020
- Time: 5:00-7:00 PM (hors d'oeuvres and cash bar)
- Schedule: Introductions, Keynote Speaker and Student Awards presentations begin at 6:00pm.
- Additional Information: Professional headshots are available to graduate students throughout the night. Appetizers will be provided and there is a cash bar. This event is open to all, including friends, family and colleagues.
GRC Oral Presentations
- Location: Holloway Commons Conference Rooms
- Date: April 21, 2020
- Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Student presentations occur every 15 minutes in the Piscataqua, Squamscott, Cocheco, and Lamprey conference rooms)
- Schedule: Continental Breakfast 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM and "Take a grad to lunch" 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Additional Information: Open to all
Leitzel Center Awards
The UNH Joan and James Leitzel Center for Mathematics, Science and Engineering Education are specific awards presented each year at the GRC. The awards recognize exemplary STEM education and outreach presented at the GRC. The Leitzel Center will make two awards - one for an oral presentation and one for a poster presentation. Awards selection is based on the presenter’s demonstration of a significant contribution in at least one of two key areas:
- Graduate student contributions made in the design and implementation of STEM education research projects, which advance our understanding of STEM education.
- Graduate student contributions made in the design and implementation of STEM education outreach projects, which directly impact STEM teachers, instructors and faculty or STEM students of all ages through the application of enhanced STEM content or pedagogies.
Each Award is worth $500 to the winners. Questions about the Center and eligibility for these awards can be directed to Steve Hale. If you're interested in being considered for an award and meet the eligibility requirements, please indicate so in the appropriate field on the GRC registration form when registering for the conference.
Questions on the conference, registration or in general should be emailed to the Grad School Deans office or call (603) 862-3005. You can also stop by the Graduate School Deans Office at Thompson Hall, Room 118, with any questions. Accessibility accommodation requests may be directed to the Office of the Associate Vice President for Research and Outreach Scholarship at (603) 862-2488.
- Student and Faculty FAQs
- Poster Printing on Campus
- Preparing for the GRC
- Oral and Poster Presentation Tips for the GRC
- Download official UNH logos
Also, students in need of poster creation help are encouraged to visit the Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) website for helpful tips and strategies.