The Graduate School provides online resources for faculty, staff and departments at UNH. These resources include overviews of various academic and departmental processes, Graduate School annual and program review reports, and general reporting information for departments.
The Graduate School maintains several handbooks that can be used by departments for general operations.
The Graduate School, with Management Reporting and UNH Institutional Research, provides a variety of reports and data for departments, faculty and staff. The majority come from the Graduate School WEBI Universe reporting area, with reports ranging from recruitment to graduation. These reports are provided in a joint effort between our office and the management reporting team. Institutional Research also provides data and reports on their website that covers all UNH student data.
Sometimes a department staff or faculty member needs access to information not available on any of the existing reports provided through WEBI or Institutional Research. Should you need a customized report or have any questions on a graduate school report (or its data) please email the Graduate School's Information Technologist or call 603-862-3003.
Graduate School Review Reports
The following reports provide both detail and summary data on admissions, enrollment, financial aid, and graduation on all graduate school programs. Reports are updated late fall of each academic year.
These reports present summaries of activities by the Graduate School and the units that report to the graduate school dean over the academic year. The report is organized around several programmatic and functional activities. The Graduate School's success depends on the support of the Graduate School staff, the Graduate Council, Graduate Program Coordinators, Chairs and staff, and the leadership of the Graduate Student Senate. Each report is written and presented by the Graduate School Dean.
International Student Preapplication Review Process for Faculty
All prospective international students are required to go through a preapplication process. Prospective international students will submit a preapplication form that the department will then review and make a decision on using the Pre-Application Processing and Administration (PAPA) website. To obtain preapplications, please refer to the following instructions:
- Prospective international applicant fills out and submits the preapplication form.
- An email confirmation is sent to the preapplicant which includes a link they can use to check the status of their application.
- A second email is sent to the department that contains a link the department can use to make a quick decision.
- The department accesses the PAPA website to review, and make decisions on, pending preapplications. To make a decision:
- Use the quick decision link in the department email -or-
- Run a report of all pending preapplications (by department) and make a decision by clicking on the "decide" link under the "Action" column. Only pending preapplications will have a link enabled to make a decision. A detailed view of the preapplication data is accessed by clicking on the "view" link under the "Preapp" column.
- Departments are responsible for making sure all preapplications get decisions and are properly closed out each term.
- The PAPA Website requires a logon to be used. Contact the Graduate School for access to this resource.
- After the department makes a decision it generates an email to the preapplicant with the results of that decision.
- PAPA Link Generator: This generates the web link used by a preapplicant to check on their preapplication status. Enter a Preapp ID and it displays the link relating to that record.
Any department that requires training or help in processing preapplications should contact the UNH Graduate School.
Program Review for Departments
The primary purpose of Graduate Program Review at the University of New Hampshire is to ensure that programs are functioning at the highest possible level of academic quality and are operating in ways that are consistent with the missions of the University and the Graduate School. For complete information see the Graduate School Program Review Policy document.
Accessing Data and Reports
The Graduate School has created a variety of reports that collect data for use by programs under review. Some of those reports are linked above (see the detail and quality reports) and others are available via WEBI in the Graduate School reporting area. If you have specific needs for data, or need help finding and running reports, please contact the UNH Graduate School IT Manager for help.