Aurora by Beyond the Pofessoriate Portal
Aurora is an eLearning Platform with on-demand, self-paced learning modules that allow PhDs and Postdocs to explore career options and discover ways to apply the skills acquired through their education.
Through the two programs of study in Aurora, students are empowered to make informed decisions about their career path and learn successful job search strategies from other PhDs. Students and postdocs access resources to help them navigate the faculty job market, and explore professional careers beyond the professoriate.
Aurora's curated content consists of videos, and it provides information for students across disciplines in the Arts & Sciences. It was designed and built by PhDs - the Beyond the Professoriate team, as well as all of the contributors who deliver workshops and participate in career panels and interviews, are experts in their field who also successfully completed a PhD in the areas of Arts, Social Sciences, STEM, Business and Education.
Aurora benefits graduate students by:
- Supporting Career exploration
- Providing accessible, well-curated resources for busy graduate students
- Promoting engaged learning through reflective activities that encourage students to apply what they've learned
- Complementing existing on-campus graduate student career supports
- Offering recorded seminars, reflective prompts, and assessments that guide the student experience and foster user engagement
If you have questions or need specific help, email: email@example.com