Our team at Career, Professional, and Community Development is plugged into a lot of different networks, both locally and nationally. We often come across different events, opportunities and resources outside of the UNH system that we want to share with the community of graduate students and postdocs at the UNH Graduate School. This webpage serves as a hub for sharing those resources and we encourage you to share any resources you think would be helpful to include on this webpage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no items to display.
Salaries, Negotiating, and Packages in Higher Ed
- Higher Ed salary sources (U.S.)
- Below is the best general job negotiating course for women AND anyone of any gender. Highly recommend you work through it and complete the provided guide before any negotiation. https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/salary/
- Resources on Start-Up Packages
PLEASE NOTE that the date of this doc is 2012 so the monintary amounts are VERY out of date but it still has lots of good information: https://career.ucsf.edu/sites/g/files/tkssra2771/f/PDF/ResearcherNegotia...
See "Designing a startup package" section (also older resource but still good info): https://academy.pubs.asha.org/2014/01/developing-a-successful-research-c...
See spreadsheet link on this page as a great template: https://www.uno.edu/research/funding/new-faculty
This has some great advice about attitude and approach: https://aas.org/jobs/right-start-package-beginning-science-professors
- Getting a Job after a Graduate School or Postdoc Appointment: Things You Should Know
- Academic/research career: https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/career-development/faculty-job-search-resources/
- Non-academic career exploration: https://www.theforage.com/
- Career Paths for Biomedical PhDs: https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/career-development/beyond-the-lab-see-l...
- CV/Resume writing:
- Interview/negotiation: https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/guide/interview-follow-up-email/
- Mentoring: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OvZdVpNfQwPv4DHBSNsykAsUidlzun8t/view
- Science Communication and Outreach Careers
- Navigating Graduate School and Career Development
- Help with financial planning and taxes as a PhD student: http://pfforphds.com/
- Becoming a Resilient Scientist
- Career Navigator Network
- TOOL to "test drive" certain Phd level job tasks - Job Simulator for PhDs
- Nine tips for managing time in grad school
- Carpe Careers
- How to find people connected to you via higher education institutions you have attended using LinkedIn
- Using LinkedIn Groups
- Readings/Books on Career & Professional Development
- The Chicago Guide to Your Career in Science: A Toolkit for Students and Postdocs
- Next Gen PhD: A Guide to Career Paths in Science
- Career Options for Biomedical Scientists
- The Disordered Cosmos
- Negotiating at Work
- The Professor Is In: The Essential Guide To Turning Your Ph.D. Into a Job
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2022: Your Guide to a Lifetime of Meaningful Work and Career Success