Current and Returning Graduate Students

Current and Returning Graduate Students
Students talking

As a current or returning graduate student, the process for special-case admissions is different from the traditional application. See below for instructions on how to apply for a Secondary Certificate, Change of Degree, and Readmission.

Current Students

 Current students may apply to change their degree program. There is no cost associated with this request. Student should complete the Change of Degree Form.

Note: If applying to a different department, you are required to request two letters of recommendation be sent to Additional application materials may be required based on the new program requirements.

 Students currently enrolled in a graduate program can apply to add a certificate as a secondary degree. To do this students must complete the Graduate Certificate as a Secondary Degree Application. There is no cost to apply, and typically only a letter of support from your advisor is required.

If you would like to pursue two degrees concurrently and there is not currently an option to do so, you must gain approval from the Graduate School Dean's Office. Refer to the Graduate Catalog section regarding concurrent dual degrees. Email to set up a meeting with the Graduate Dean's Office.

Withdrawn or Inactivated Students

Readmission is reserved for students who were enrolled in a graduate program for at least one semester. It is best to first contact your academic department to determine your eligibility.  The Readmission fee is waived for students in online programs in the College of Professional Studies. Upon review of your readmission request, other documents and payment of any accumulated continuing enrollment fees may be required.

Step 1: Pay the $65 readmit fee using our fee payment page.
Step 2: Complete and submit the Readmission Application.

Reapplication/Deferral: If you were admitted, but cannot enroll for the upcoming semester, you may request a deferral by emailing If you were admitted, but never enrolled for a previous semester, you must reapply using our online application.