Large-scale Patterns of Watershed-level Carbon and Nitrogen Biogeochemistry
Lara’s research focuses on understanding how watershed-level carbon and nitrogen dynamics are comparable across eco-regions. Her work combines ecosystem models and large-scale datasets, like those from NEON and Ameriflux, to understand how nutrient fluxes relate to each other within a given watershed and how these relationships vary on a continental scale.
Previous Awards and Activities
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NESRC), Postgraduate Scholarship – Doctoral Program, 2020-2023
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NESRC), Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program, 2017-2018
- Fonds de Recherche Nature et Technologie du Québec (FRQNT), Master’s Degree Scholarship, 2016-2018
- Fonds de Recherche Nature et Technologie du Québec (FRQNT), Doctoral Degree Scholarship, 2018-2020
- Munro, L., Griffin, B., Laginhas, B. B., Bradley, B. A. (in review). Does invasion science encompass the invaded range? A comparison of the geographies of invasion science versus management in the U.S. Invasive Plant Science and Management.
- Morelli, T.L., Brown-Lima, C. J., Allen, J. M., Beaury, E. M., Fusco, E. J., Barker-Plotkin, A., Laginhas, B. B., Quirion, B. R., Griffin, B., McLaughlin, B., Munro, L., Olmstead, N., Richburg, J., Bradley, B. A. 2021. Translational Invasion Ecology: Bridging research and practice to address one of the greatest threats to biodiversity. Biological Invasions. Courchesne F, Chapdelaine C, Munro L. 2019. The origin of smectite in the soil of the Kruger 2 archaeological site, Brompton (Québec), Canada. Geoarchaeology.
- Munro L, & Courchesne F. 2019 Bioconcentration of Cd and Zn in the soils of an uncontaminated forest in the Quebec Laurentians. Biogeochemistry, 1-20.
- Lamalice A, Haillot D, Lamontagne MA, Herrmann T, Gibout S, Blangy S, Martin JL, Coxam V, Arsenault J, Munro L, Courchesne F. 2017. Building food and energy security in the Canadian Arctic through community greenhouses. Écoscience.
- Courchesne F, Turmel MC, Cloutier-Hurteau B, Constantineau S, Munro L, Labrecque M. 2017. Phytoextraction of soil trace elements by willow during a phytoremediation trial in Southern Québec, Canada. International journal of phytoremediation, 19 (6), 545-554.
- Courchesne F, Turmel MC, Cloutier-Hurteau B, Tremblay G, Munro L, Masse J, Labrecque M. 2017. Soil trace element changes during a phytoremediation trial with willows in southern Québec, Canada. International journal of phytoremediation, 19(7), 632-642.
- Munro L, Green, M, Ollinger S, Wollheim, W. 2021, January, Controls on coupled nitrogen and carbon cycles of watersheds across eco-regions. Poster at the NSF Macrosystems Biology PI meeting, Online.
- Munro L & Courchesne F. 2019, January. Biological Cycling of Cd and Zn in the Soils of an Uncontaminated Forest in Southern Quebec. Presentation at the Soil Science Society of America 2019, San Diego, CA
- M.S. Geoscience, University of Massachusetts – Amherst (2020)
- M.S. Geography, Université de Montreal (2018)
- B.Sc. Environmental Geography, Université de Montreal (2015)
- Research associate, Regional Invasive Species and Climate Change Network (RISCC), 2019-2021
- Research assistant, Invasion Ecology, University of Massachusetts, 2019-2020
- Research assistant, pedo-archaeology and phytoremediation, Université de Montreal, 2015-2018
- Environmental and Community organizer – C-Vert program, TOHU, 2017-2018
- Science educator, Montreal Science Centre, 2015-2016